The CLA VIII will take place in Miami, Florida, Sunday through Tuesday, June 19 – 21, 2016, at the JW Marriott Marquis Miami. It is organized jointly with the Miami International Arbitration Society and supported by ASADIP.
The core themes of the event this year are the following:
- Implicit Powers of Arbitrators
- Appellate Review in Arbitration
- Transparency in the Administration of Arbitrations
- 3rd Parties in Arbitration: Liquidators, Receivers, Trustees, and Auditors (Interventores)
It is well known that the prior seven CLAs since their inception in 2009 have been a resounding success. The first three were held in Asunción, the fourth in Medellín, the fifth in Buenos Aires, the sixth in Punta Cana, and the seventh in Curitiba, and the excellent results of prior conferences were largely due to the high level of the presentations and the interest expressed in the discussions. All of this forms the “CLA brand” that we are determined to maintain.
- Daniel González (USA),
- José A. Moreno Rodríguez (Paraguay)