ICC CLA ARBITRATION DAY
Wednesday, May 29, 2019
Convention Center of the Paseo La Galería
The ICC CLA Arbitration Day will be held in Asunción on 29 May 2019, in celebration of the XI Latin American Arbitration Conference (CLA), which will take place on 30-31 May. For more information on the CLA please visit: www. clarbitraje.com
The ICC CLA Arbitration Day will bring together international arbitration professionals in a single forum, where current ICC Arbitration issues and developments in arbitration in the Latin American region will be discussed.
For this special occasion, the regional launch of two recent reports issued by the ICC Arbitration & ADR Commission will take place: the Report on Arbitration in the Construction Industry and the Report on Emergency Arbitrator, which will be officially launched in April in Paris.
Who can participate?
Practicing lawyers, corporate lawyers, arbitrators, academics and professionals interested in or related to national and international arbitration in the Latin American region.
Information and registration
Co-organized by: the ICC International Court of Arbitration and the Latin American Conference
13:30 – 14:00 Registration of participants
14:00 – 14:15 Welcoming words
14:15 – 15:30 Launch of the ICC Arbitration & ADR Commission Report on Arbitration in the Construction Industry
– Introduction to the ICC Report on Arbitration in the Construction Industry
– Guiding principles of the 2001 Report
– Main characteristics and effects of the changes made to the 2001 Report
– User perspective: when and how to use the report in international arbitration proceedings?
15:30 – 15:45 Audience Question Session 15:45 – 16:15
16:15 – 17:45 Launch of the ICC Arbitration & ADR Commission Report on Emergency Arbitrator
– Introduction to the ICC Emergency Arbitrators Report
– Applicability, Admissibility and Jurisdiction of Emergency Arbitrator
– Predictability and substantive rules
– Emergency Umpire Driving and Strategies
17:45 – 18:00 Audience question session 18:00 – 18:15
Conclusions and closing remarks
Exhibitors confirmed to date:
- Claudia Benavides Galvis – President of the ICC Colombia Arbitration & ADR Commission; Baker McKenzie, Bogotá
- Luis Breuer – Member of the International Court of Arbitration of the ICC on behalf of Paraguay, Asunción
- Federico Campolieti – M. & M. Bomchil, Buenos Aires
- Diego Fernández Arroyo – Independent Arbitrator, Paris
- Cecilia Flores – Flores Rueda Lawyer, Mexico City
- Pablo Laorden – Lámbal Lawyers, Madrid
- Fernando Marcondes – L. O. Baptista, Sao Paulo
- José Antonio Moreno – Altra Legal, Asunción
- Ana Serra e Moura – Deputy General Secretary of the International Court of Arbitration of the ICC, Paris
- Pablo Troche – President of the Arbitration &ADR Commission of ICC Paraguay, Asunción
- María Claudia Procopiak – ICC YAF Representative for Europe; Dechert LLP, London